Winter Glamping Breaks – Glamping in Dorset
Have you ever considered glamping in the Winter? If not, you absolutely should. Between October and March are the most beautiful months to really appreciate yurting life.
When you consider the history of the yurt the yurt was in fact built for the freezing temperatures of Outer Mongolia. Luckily for you we supply wood and coal for the wood burners – in Outer Mongolia they use cow dung!
The yurts are toasty warm and with the wood burners crackling and it is an exquisite place to be and to relax for a long weekend or short mid week break. During the cold winter nights the skies tend to be crisp and clear creating the perfect environment for beautiful star gazing. An evening of sipping on hot chocolate whilst lying in your comfy bed star gazing through the Perspex roof – it truly is a glorious way to spend a Winter’s evening.
You would be forgiven in thinking it would be too cold to glamp at Caalm Camp in the Winter – it is quite the opposite problem. The yurts become incredibly toasty so make sure you bring some light clothes as well as your fluffy onesie.
Our top Recommendations of things to do when Winter Glamping at Caalm Camp.
- Winter walks on the Jurassic Coast – it’s a truly beautiful part of the world and just down the road.
- Winter walks in the local area – Dorset is a beautiful country and one that can be truly explore with a good pair of hiking boots.
- Go and enjoy a lazy lunch by a roaring fire at one of the local pubs in the area. We are surrounded by wonderful country pubs
- Go and visit Wookey Hole – it is a fabulous day out and the caves truly are something to behold
- Longleat – a wonderful day out and the Festival of Lights are generally on between November and January
- Enjoy a day exploring Shaftesbury – if you haven’t seen Gold Hill from the Hove Advert it’s a must when you are at Caalm Camp. Shaftesbury has a really quaint high street with some lovely pubs to enjoy a nice lunch.
- Wrap up warn and enjoy a glass of wine or hot toddy by your fire pit outside your yurt. It’s a magical place to sit and just be still.
- Enjoy a nice long lie in and stay wrapped up in bed inside your yurt. It’s such a toasty room it’s a real treat to just sit, relax and be.
- Go and explore the Xmas markets in Bournemouth. They are open between mid November and end of December.
- Go and visit the local Alpaca farm and take a walk to see these beautiful neighbours of ours.
Do call us on 01747 838565 if you have any questions or to book your stay on our Booking Page