Top Ten Things To Do During Your Winter Glamping Break
Glamping in Winter
Have you ever considered glamping in the winter? If not, you absolutely should! Between October and March are the most beautiful months to really appreciate yurting life. When you consider the history of the yurt, the yurt was in fact built for the freezing temperatures of Outer Mongolia. Luckily for you, we supply wood and coal for the wood burners – in Outer Mongolia they use cow dung!
The yurts are toasty and warm with the wood burners crackling, and it is an exquisite place to relax for a long weekend or short mid week break. During the cold winter nights the skies tend to be crisp and clear, creating the perfect environment for beautiful star gazing. An evening of sipping on hot chocolate whilst lying in your comfy bed star gazing through the perspex roof – it truly is a glorious way to spend a winter’s evening!
You would be forgiven for thinking it would be too cold to glamp at Caalm Camp in the Winter, but in reality it is quite the opposite problem. The yurts become incredibly toasty, so make sure you bring some light clothes as well as your fluffy onesie. Winter glamping offers a wonderful experience, whether you are looking for a family glamping holiday, group glamping break or a romantic weekend getaway.
Our top recommendations of things to do during your visit at Caalm Camp include: –
- Winter walks on the Jurassic Coast – it’s a truly beautiful part of the world and just down the road.
- Winter walks in the local area – Dorset is a beautiful country area and one that can be truly explored with a good pair of hiking boots.
- Go and enjoy a lazy lunch by a roaring fire at one of the local pubs in the area. We are surrounded by wonderful country pubs.
- Go and visit Wookey Hole – it is a fabulous day out and the caves truly are something to behold.
- Longleat – a wonderful day out, and the Festival of Light is generally on between November and January.
- Enjoy a day exploring Shaftesbury – if you haven’t seen Gold Hill from the Hovis advert, it is a must when you are at Caalm Camp. Shaftesbury has a really quaint high street with some lovely pubs to enjoy a nice lunch.
- Wrap up warm and enjoy a glass of wine or hot toddy by your fire pit outside your yurt. It’s a magical place to sit and just be still.
- Enjoy a nice long lie-in and stay wrapped up in bed inside your yurt. It’s such a toasty room, it’s a real treat to just sit, relax and be.
- Go and explore the Christmas markets in Bournemouth. They are open between mid November and end of December.
- Go and visit the local Alpaca farm and take a walk to see these beautiful neighbours of ours.
These are just a few ideas for winter glamping at Caalm Camp – it is a truly magical time to come and visit. If you’d like to enquire about a vist, please call us on 01747 838565, or to book your stay on our booking page.